Translate

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Homeless people

I always wonder what people wanted to be when they grew up and how close they came. Especially, when I see a homeless person because as far as I know, no one grows up saying I think I want to be homeless. And hey, if I can just get a shopping cart that'd be a bonus. When I was 8 there was a take your parent to school day and one kid brought his parent who was a lawyer. He was really well dressed and very articulate. From then on I decided I wanted to be a lawyer but I didn't really know what all went into being a lawyer. I figured you just wore an Armani suit and told people you were a lawyer and bam you were a lawyer. Well, I bought an Armani suit but quickly found out that walking around telling people you are a lawyer when you work at McDonald's doesn't convince many people. Plus mustard is kinda hard to clean out of an Armani suit. ಠ_ಠ Ok, I am just kidding about the McDonalds part but I have found that a lot of people are much like that when it comes to being a Christian. They walk around and tell people that they are a Christian but their lifestyle doesn't match up to what they claim to be. As a Christian, we are a part of a heavenly, God-ruled kingdom. Things of the earth should no longer draw us (Colossians 3:2). We don’t need fear suffering on earth or the trials we face (1 Peter 3:14; 4:12–14), nor should we place importance on things the world values (1 Timothy 6:9–11). Even our bodies and our actions should reflect that our minds are no longer conformed to the world (Romans 12:1–2) but are now instruments of righteousness to God (Romans 6:13).
Psalms 119:11 says Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You. That means that having God's word in your heart will help keep sin out. After all, in order to know what a Christian life should look like you need to study the Bible and let it show you. Some verses I like to read that help me in my endeavors to live a Christian lifestyle are: 1 John 2:15-16
James 1:12
James 1:21
Hebrews 13:5
Colossians 3:5
John 8:34
Galatians 5:16
Ephesians 5:3-4
Corinthians 10:13
Chronicles 7:14
John 14:21

No comments:

Post a Comment