Translate

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Good Friday to all

 As I was working today I kept having people saying to me Happy Easter. And don't get me wrong --- we should be looking to Easter, which is resurrection of Jesus Chris. However, we shouldn't skip over Good Friday so easily. Because without Good Friday, Easter never happens. It seems to be less popular because after all, Good Friday is when Jesus was actually put to death. Yes, Easter is the fulfillment of His promise. I just caution you not to forget all He had to suffer to bring us Easter. First, Jesus was tortured, mocked and murdered in a horrible fashion. Nowadays, if someone is to be put to death you have hundreds who gather and protest the killers execution. They stand around holding up signs condemning the taking of the life of someone who actually deserves death, as do we all. Jesus, the only truly innocent among us did not have that. It has always seemed sad to me that the loudest voices asking for Him to not be executed were Pontius Pilate and his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment