Translate

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Worst purchase ever made

 The worst purchase I have ever made was a brand new (at least that is what Duffy's said) cub cadet lawn mower. I bought it 3 years ago at Duffy's (worst place to buy anything from) so I guess that makes this blog a two-fer. I took it home and cut the grass with it. It worked fine. The next time I went to start it it wouldn't start. So, I loaded it up and took it back over to Duffy's where of course they tried to blame me but said they would fix it and call me when it was ready. Months later I get the call it is ready. I pick it up. They did not show me it worked before I left with it (which IS my fault) I get it home and it STILL doesn't start. I take it back and go through the whole it must be my fault dance but they cannot get it started either so they again say leave it here and we will call you when it is ready. I wait for more months and call up there they say they are waiting on a part. Then another couple weeks and I get the call that it is ready. Having learned my lesson from last time I ask them to start it. They can't. So, again I go home without it and wait for the call, 3 months later it still hadn't come. Finally someone asked me if I am going to do anything with that piece of junk. I said no they could have it but they need to pick it up from Duffy's. They go to pick it up and are told it is ready. Their supposed mechanic tries to start it and cannot. The person tells them they are going to take it anyways and has them load it up on their truck. So, if you need a lawn mower I recommend any of them other than a worthless cub cadet that has a supposed warranty of always starting (don't believe it) and getting said lawn mower from any place other than Duffy's. I should have been more wary when it was not even in a box. But --- they said it was new and I was stupid enough to believe them. BTW: I have since bought a Kobalt lawn mower from Lowe's that I have not had a lick of trouble from. My second worse purchase way way WAY down the list from a brand new piece of trash cub cadet from duffy's is a Ferragamo wallet. I know you are wondering why is a nice Ferragamo wallet a bad purchase. And unlike the cub cadet lawnmower that won't work the Ferragamo wallet works great. It looks awesome, has enough room for all of my cards and I get quite a few compliments when I pull it out. The only reason that I consider it a bad purchase is because of the cost. It cost $500 and no I am not by any means rich. I just have to wake up and stop spending like I am. I saw a picture of some girl from some TV show I never watched and on it it has her saying something like "Don't but the $500 purse and have nothing to put in it. Instead buy the $10 purse and have $490 to put into it." That is what I would have done. Uh...except with a $10 wallet. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah cub cadet has gone way downhill. They used to make good product but not anymore

    ReplyDelete